USDA has developed What’s Shaking? Creative Ways to Boost Flavor with Less Sodium. USDA will be developing new resources and materials to promote successful sodium reduction strategies and best practices for school nutrition professionals. They are also continuing the What’s Shaking? partner e-newsletter which will be released later in January. The newsletter shares information and strategies focused on boosting the flavor of meals, as well as sharing resources supporting this initiative.
The What’s Shaking? partner e-newsletter will spotlight:
• Successful schools working to serve reduce sodium meals;
• Activities and resources of our What’s Shaking?;
• Flavorful spice/herb selections and recipes;
• Useful resources for reducing sodium;
• Strategies to promote the What’s Shaking?;
• Current news and recent research related to sodium reduction and health.
To learn more about What’s Shaking? & to join the e-newsletter – click here.
They are also requesting districts email details about the great activities your organization completed in 2016 to support sodium reduction and flavor-boosting in school meals, as well as your upcoming plans – we would love to feature your organization in our upcoming partner e-newsletters! (TeamNutrition@fns.usda.gov) Let us know if you need some ideas on ways to engage in What’s Shaking?